Here are some recent useful posts and articles on educational policy issues (You might also be interested in seeing all my “Best” lists related to education policy here):

“Transform” Schools: Hyped Language Weakens Reform is by Larry Cuban.

This teacher shortage solution has gone viral. But does it work? is from NPR. I’m adding it to THE BEST RESOURCES FOR LEARNING ABOUT THE “TEACHER SHORTAGE”

Scholastic backtracks, saying it will stop separating diverse books for fairs in 2024 is from NPR.

How Educators and Teens Disagree on What’s Harming Students’ Mental Health, in Charts is from Ed Week.

Here are lots of charts from Our World in Data – all about education around the world.

Do Schools Need to Do More to Hold Students Accountable? is from The NY Times Learning Network.

GRADE RETENTION ADVOCACY FAILS BY OMISSION is by Paul Thomas. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About Grade Retention, Social Promotion & Alternatives To Both.

The $1.8-Billion Lawsuit Over a Teacher Test is from The New Yorker.

How Black Moms in Temecula Are Fighting the School Board’s Right-Wing Takeover is from The Nation.

Oregon: Portland teachers strike over class sizes, pay and lack of resources is from The Guardian.

I’m adding this tweet to The Best Resources For Learning Why School Vouchers Are A Bad Idea:

Can We Trust “Evidence-Based”? is from Peter Greene. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Understanding How To Interpret Education Research.

What’s the Difference between “Change,” “Improve,” and “Transform” When Applied to U.S. Schools? (Part 1) is by Larry Cuban.