Eight years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention.

You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2021.

Also, check out A Collection Of My Best Resources On Teaching English Language Learners.

In addition, look for our book on teaching ELLs, which was published in the Spring of 2018 and learn about our new book.

Here are this week’s choices:

Evidence-Based Writing Practices to Support English Learner Students is from The Institute of Education Sciences.

I’m adding this tweet to THE BEST COLLECTIONS OF INSTRUCTIONAL STRATEGIES FOR ELLS – HELP ME FIND MORE!:

Developing Literacy in English Language Learners: Findings From a Review of the Experimental Research is a useful study.

Oral Corrective Feedback in Secondary Classrooms is from The Seidlitz Blog. I’m adding it to The Best Resources On ESL/EFL/ELL Error Correction.

Winning photos in the annual Comedy Wildlife competition are always great ones to have students write about…..

20 Words/20 Seconds could be a fun game to play.

Unfortunately, HiSanta.Ai just requires a click to move from “nice” to “naughty,” so it wouldn’t be appropriate for students.  But the good news is that AI means that there will probably be many more of these kinds of fun conversational tools for students to use.

Wordigo is a browser extension that could be helpful to ELLs.

Enhancing ESL Courses With Spaced Repetition: What Teachers and Learners Need to Know is from Bridge.

How the 2024 National Teacher of the Year helps English learners adapt in rural Appalachia is from Chalkbeat.