Here are some recent useful posts and articles on educational policy issues (You might also be interested in seeing all my “Best” lists related to education policy here):

Aspiring Teachers Get New Help Paying For College is from NPR.

Pomona school district defunds police, reimagines school safety is from The L.A. Times. I’m adding it to TEACHING RESOURCES ABOUT IF POLICE SHOULD BE IN SCHOOLS.

The Effect of Grade Retention on Adult Crime: Evidence from a Test-Based Promotion Policy is a new research paper with these results:

“…we find that being retained in eighth grade has large long-run effects on the likelihood of being convicted of a crime by age 25 and on the number of criminal convictions by age 25.”

I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About Grade Retention, Social Promotion & Alternatives To Both.

I’m adding this tweet to The Best Places To Learn What Impact A Teacher (& Outside Factors) Have On Student Achievement:

The new child tax credit could lift more than 5 million kids out of poverty. Can it help them learn, too? is from The Washington Post. I’m adding it to the same list.