My end-of-year “Best” list posts continue…

I’m adding this post to ALL END-OF-YEAR “BEST” LISTS FOR 2021 IN ONE PLACE!

I publish a regular series called Ed Tech Digest, and I thought it would useful to readers and to me to review them and highlight the ones I think are the best of the year.

You can see previous editions of this list, along with all the “Best” lists related to ed tech, here.

You might also be interested in THE BEST 39 WEB 2.0 APPLICATIONS FOR EDUCATION IN 2021.

Here are my choices from the past six months:

THE BEST TOOLS FOR MAKING ONLINE INTERACTIVE WORKSHEETS

5 Pro Tips for Easy Differentiation in Google Classroom is from Learners Edge. I’m adding it to A Beginning List Of The Best Resources For Learning About Google Classroom and to The Best Resources On Differentiating Instruction.

Hacks and data breaches are all too common. Here’s what to do if you’re affected. is from The Washington Post. I’m adding it to The Best Sites For Learning Online Safety.

Trendy visualizes search trends in different countries.  I’m adding it to The “All-Time” Best Places To Find The Most Popular (& Useful) Resources For Educators.

How to Zero In on the Right Technology Tools is from Edutopia. I’m adding it to The Best Advice On Using Education Technology.

Students are still struggling to get internet. The infrastructure bill could help is from NPR.  I hope so.

SudoWrite is pretty fascinating. It uses Artificial Intelligence to help you write. It’s like Google Doc’s predictive writing on steroids. You can read more about it at The Washington Post. I may be in the minority, but I think Google Doc’s feature and, perhaps, tools like SudoWrite can help ELLs develop more fluent writing skills. It’s unclear to me, though, what the cost is for using SudoWrite past the trial period.

Get Your Free Copy of The Practical Ed Tech Handbook is from Richard Byrne.

The Merlin Bird ID app is a cool tool. Open it up to listen to any birds singing in your area, and it will identify the bird. It could be a neat activity to use outside with students. Read more about it in The NY Times.

TypeScholar is a typing game that lets you practice typing on a Wikipedia article of your choice. I’m adding it to The Best Sites Where Students Can Learn Typing/Keyboarding/.

PhotoCrowd looks pretty neat – you can enter lots of different photo competitions, and also create your own.  They can be fun – one is on the best potato photography of the year.

Canopy Education looks interesting. It lets teachers create lessons and entire units, and also lets students access them.  They also have specific contests for educators to create these lessons and units – for example, on the 1619 Project.  I’m adding it to The Best Sites Where Students Can Work Independently & Let Teachers Check On Progress and to The Best Places On The Web To Write Lesson Plans — Who Have I Missed?

This is a useful video about an often-asked question: