It’s time for another “Best” list!

I’ll be adding this list to I’m adding this post to ALL END-OF-YEAR “BEST” LISTS FOR 2021 IN ONE PLACE!

You might also be interested in SCHOOLS WENT REMOTE A YEAR AGO – HERE ARE MY CHOICES FOR THE BEST PIECES WRITTEN ABOUT SCHOOL REOPENING SINCE THEN, which I posted in March.  So this list covers the time since then (to tell the truth, however, I only had enough energy to review articles and tweets that have appeared since July).

I also have many – and I mean many – specific “Best” lists related to schools and the pandemic, which you can see here.

Here are my choices from the past nine months:

The Students Returned, but the Fallout From a Long Disruption Remained is from The NY Times.

Omicron and schools: What we know now is from Chalkbeat.

I wrote a series for The Washington Post, including:

In a San Francisco high school, the scars of remote schooling linger is from The Washington Post.

‘I’m hanging by a thread’ is from CNN.

48 Pieces of Advice From Educators on How to Survive This Challenging Time is from The NY Times Learning Network.

What happened to America’s teens when coronavirus disrupted high school? is from The Washington Post.

Would You Manage 70 Children And A 15-Ton Vehicle For $18 An Hour? is from Five Thirty Eight.

Substitute Teachers Never Got Much Respect, but Now They Are in Demand is from The NY Times.

Even though the vast majority of parents say they’re satisfied with how district’s have handled COVID (see POLL SAYS U.S. PARENTS ARE SATISFIED WITH THEIR CHILD’S SCHOOLING), it appears that a majority of districts have staff who have been threatened because of those COVID measures (see Just How Widespread Are the Threats to Educators Over COVID Policies?).

ARE SCHOOLS OVERLOOKING AN OBVIOUS STRATEGY THEY CAN IMPLEMENT IMMEDIATELY TO ACCELERATE LEARNING? PEER TUTORS!

An Exit Interview With a School Superintendent Who Defied Texas’ Governor is from The NY Times.

What schools around the world look like now — in compelling pictures is from The Washington Post.

THE BEST RESOURCES ABOUT ACCELERATED LEARNING

Yes, Gov. DeSantis, Studies Do Show Masks Curb Covid-19 In Schools is from NPR.

From Teachers to Custodians, Meet the Educators Who Saved A Pandemic School Year is from TIME.

Actually, Wearing a Mask Can Help Your Child Learn is from The NY Times.