The Positive Classroom

As readers know, I’ve written quite a few posts about using a positive approach to classroom management. I try very hard at implementing these positive strategies in all my classes, particularly with my mainstream students (there are far fewer behavior issues in the ESL classes).¬† I’m often successful, but am not always up to the task…

ASCD Smart Brief, which is on The Best Ways To Keep-Up With Current Education Issues list, just came out with two special issues on The Positive Classroom.

The usefulness of the articles, I think, is mixed, but I thought there were several good nuggets, including an excellent blog post by Elona Hartjes

1. Larry,
    Thanks for those kind words about my my post about using a positive approach in the classroom.

I’m not always up to the task either. When that happens, I remind myself that I’m just human. I think teachers need to give themselves permission to be human more often. I think kids need to realize that teachers are human too. I don’t want my students using all their energy trying to knock me off some pedestal.