pascal_ottiger / Pixabay

This is sort of an “inside baseball” type of post – I’m not really sure how many people are interested in the ins-and-outs of my “Best” lists.

But, I figured there might be a few readers who might find this kind of post interesting.

As of today, there are about 2,500 “Best” lists, covering just about any topic imaginable that an educator might find useful.

These lists also include biannual lists, where I highlight what I think are the very best resources and articles in different educational topics each year.  I’ve done those lists for the past seventeen years!

Here’s a summary of how to find them, which I also repost every month:

You can find all of them in broad categories here. The link to that page can also be found at the top right of my blog: My Best Of Series

I also have them all on another page where they are listed in the chronological order in which I originally posted them. You can find that link at the top of my blog by first clicking on About and then scrolling down to Websites of the Year.

Over two thousand “Best” lists are a lot of best lists! Of course, Control + F on PCs and Command + F on Macs are great ways to search for keywords on those lists when you’re looking for something.

In an effort to make them both further accessible and to update many of them, I began posting “Best Lists Of The Week.” In those lists, I attempted to break my lists into more narrow categories while completely revising and updating them at the same time.

I’ve created about fifty of them so far and they encompass about one thousand “Best” lists. 

You will find these newly categorized lists on a page titled My Best Of The Week, and they’ll be shown as “buttons” (you can see what they look like at the top of this blog post) listed alphabetically (more-or-less). You can also click on a link on the top right of the homepage of my blog. It says: My Best Of Week

I’m constantly adding new links to to many of these lists, and completely revise many of them once every year or every two years.

Though I generally share additions to the lists in new posts to alert readers to them, every week I also probably add about twenty new links or so to them without including them in new posts.  That might be because I think they’re useful, but not significant enough to make them worthy of inclusion in a new post.  Or, in most circumstances, I just don’t have time to make a new post and it’s easier for me just to add them to the “Best” lists.

So, you might want to regularly check out lists on topics that you are particularly interested in – the new links will always be at the bottom.

In recent years, I’ve been adding about seventy new “Best” lists each year, and expect that number to hold steady.

In addition to the biannual lists, the new ones are on topics that I think are useful to my instructional practice, or are on topics that I just find interesting.

These lists help me keep track of everything I learn about, and I am a much better teacher because of them.

I hope you find them helpful, too!