On Tuesday,  a bunch of cable channels will be airing a video called “Get Schooled: You Have The Right.” The press release describes it like this:

Get Schooled: You Have the Right features pop superstar Kelly Clarkson and NBA MVP LeBron James and documents the experiences of successful young adults who work behind-the-scenes to support these famous figures. The program will provide real-life examples of how a commitment to education and a drive to overcome obstacles can create a path to success.

I’m a bit skeptical of this kind of stuff, especially when, as the press release goes on to say:

Get Schooled: You Have the Right formally kicks off “Get Schooled,” a five-year national initiative co-developed by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Viacom that creates a platform for corporate and community stakeholders to address the challenges facing America’s public schools.

Uh oh…

I also went to the super-slick Get Schooled website, and was pleasantly to surprised to find one particularly useful feature. It has a very accessible I Want To Find A Career interactive that I think English Language Learners (and all students) might like. In fact, I’m adding it to The Best Websites For Students Exploring Jobs and Careers.