“Radio Garden” Is A Curated Interactive Map Of Thousands Of Radio Stations Around The World

radioradioradio

Radio Garden is an online interactive map of radio stations that you can listen to from around the world.

It came online today.

It’s pretty nifty, and you can read more about it at The Atlantic’s article, The Map That Lets You Listen to the Radio Everywhere.

It would be a good companion to Radiooooo, one of the coolest music sites around. You can click a country on a world map and then click a decade from the past 120 years, and it will then play music from that area and from that time period.

Both of them are now at The Best Sites For Learning About The World’s Different Cultures.

1. I am a life-long learner who happens to enjoy radio. Both Radio Garden and Radiooooo are wonderful websites. It is fascinating to “listen in” on other cultures. When I have thought of the Ukraine, I picture an atmosphere there of gloom & doom. Yet, I came across a Ukraine radio station playing fairly contemporary upbeat music. Am also dusting off my high school German & am enjoying radio stations broadcasting in German.
    Many thanks for this post.

2. Unfortunately these two websites never deliver an active cursor. Not possible to access either of the Radio Garden or Radiooooo contents. I have now tried both websites on my office computer and my home computer at different times. Neither website delivers an active cursor. I have standard security on both computers, nothing exotic, so I don’t think that either site is being blocked. Not sure what’s going on here but both websites appear to be completely dead.