Here are some relatively recent important posts and articles on educational policy issues:

What’s the real purpose of educational benchmarking? is by Andy Hargreaves and appeared in The Washington Post.

Why The Atlanta Testing Scandal Matters is from NPR. I’m adding it to The Best Posts & Articles About The Atlanta Testing Scandal.

Professionalizing Teaching is by Walt Gardner at Ed Week. I’m adding it to The Best Posts & Articles About The Importance Of Teacher (& Student) Working Conditions.

How Common Core Could Double Dropout Rate is by John Thompson. I’m adding it to The Best Articles Sharing Concerns About Common Core Standards.

Best Teaching Is Based on Relationships is by Walt Gardner at Ed Week. I’m adding it to The Best Resources On The Importance Of Building Positive Relationships With Students.

Seven things teachers are sick of hearing from school reformers appeared in the Washington Post.

Education isn’t enough for a just recovery is by Robert Kuttner. I’m adding it to The Best Articles Showing Why Education Reform Is NOT The Best Way To Fight Poverty.

Why Los Angeles sends failing students on to the next grade is from The Hechinger Report. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About Grade Retention, Social Promotion & Alternatives To Both.

Reading by Third Grade – Or Else is by Robert Slavin. I’m adding it to the same list.

Sara Mosle writes a great review of Elizabeth Green’s new book, Building A Better Teacher. Look for my interview with the author in Ed Week — soon.

Michelle Rhee Will Leave CEO Job At StudentsFirst, Group She Founded is from The Huffington Post.

Steve Barr Tries to Bridge Union-Reformer Divide in Reboot of California’s ‘Democrats for Education Reform is from Ed Week.