Here are some recent useful posts and articles on educational policy issues (You might also be interested in seeing all my “Best” lists related to education policy here):

School’s Out for Summer and Many Teachers Are Calling It Quits is from The Wall Street Journal.

Thousands of Students Will Face Long COVID. Schools Need to Plan Now is from Ed Week.

Largest teaching union threatens to ballot members in England on strike action is from The Guardian.

New Biden Rules Would Bar Discrimination Against Transgender Students is from The NY Times.

Maine’s End Run Around the Supreme Court Offers States a Blueprint on Guns is from The NY Times. I’m adding it to THE BEST RESOURCES FOR LEARNING WHY SCHOOL VOUCHERS ARE A BAD IDEA (& OTHER COMMENTARIES ON “CHOICE”).

I’m adding this next tweet to The Best Sites To Learn About Climate Change:

Schools Are Spending Billions on High-Tech Defense for Mass Shootings is from The NY Times.

Schools Are Putting More Cops on Campus—Despite the ‘Abject Failure’ in Uvalde is from TIME. I’m adding it to TEACHING RESOURCES ABOUT IF POLICE SHOULD BE IN SCHOOLS.

Gov. Newsom strikes deal on state budget: big increase for K-12, plan to expand Cal Grant, too is from Ed Source.