falarcompaulo / Pixabay

Simultaneous translation tools are developing quickly, and can be helpful to our ELL students in content classes and to all of us who don’t necessarily speak the home languages of their parents/guardians.

You can read more about this issue at THE BEST RESOURCES TO HELP ELL STUDENTS WITH SIMULTANEOUS TRANSLATION IN THE CLASSROOM.

The recent Galaxy cellphone model blew my mind when it came out earlier this year and offered amazing simultaneous translation for calls.

Now, however, I think we can see the future of these tools with Teameet, which is a video conferencing site offering simultaneous translation.

The amazing twist with this tool is that the translated voice mimics the actual tone of the speaker!

Here’s a video of it:

My assumption with this kind of ability is, like all tech advances, the costs will become a lot cheaper and even free in the not distant future, and it will become integrated in Zoom, Google Meet, Facetime, etc.

It will be an amazing asset in parent communication. Used carefully, it can be helpful with ELL students in content classes if it’s used in the Preview/View/Review model.

In addition to the previously mentioned Best list, I’m adding this info to The Best Sites For Learning About Google Translate and Other Forms Of Machine Translation.