The Best Resources On Using Improvisation In The ESL/EFL/ELL Classroom

I noticed that the Twitter #ELLCHAT this evening was on using drama in the classroom, and it reminded me that I’ve been planning on writing a post on improvisation ideas — one of my favorite instructional strategies.

Here are a few resources, and please feel free to contribute more:

I described one way I use it in a fairly popular post titled Improvisation In The ESL/EFL Classroom — At Least In Mine. Be sure to check the comments for other ideas, too.

Judie Haynes
shared an exceptional resource during the Chat called Drama In The ESL Classroom/Improvisation. It’s a gold mine!

Storytelling Improv Games is from About.com.

Improvisations comes from TEFL.net.

Please let me know if you have additional suggestions….

1. We just launched a new “Role Play” section on ESL-Library. Teachers have the option of using Quick Cards for improv or giving students time to prepare with a 1 page worksheet containing useful expressions. This section is theme-based (9 scenarios per theme on topics like socializing, working, traveling etc.) with related materials in the Teachers’ Notes. I hope you’ll have a look. Cheers!
    http://www.esl-library.com/lessons.php?section_id=75