The Best Resources For Connected Educators Month

CE

October is Connected Educators Month. Here’s a description:

Connected Educators is an initiative of the Office of Educational Technology at the U.S. Department of Education and is conducted by the American Institutes for Research in collaboration with several partner organizations and a technical working group. Numerous other organizations and individuals have contributed to its success as organizers and participating organizations in Connected Educator Month.

Connected Educators pursues this mission through seeking to understand and promote educators learning and collaborating through online communities of practice and social networks.

There are already 240 free activities scheduled this month.

The Edublogger has an essential guide to understand that Connected Educators website.

And you’ve got to read What ‘Connected Education’ Looks Like: 28 Examples From Teachers All Over at The New York Times Learning Network. Some great ideas are shared there, and I’m going to be trying some of them. My contribution to that post was a project I’ve done with my colleague Alice Mercer. They are also encouraging readers to contribute more ideas.

You might also be interested in The Best Guides For Helping Teachers Develop Personal Learning Networks.

Feel free to make new suggestions in the comments for more resources.