“ABC Mouse” & “Vocabmonk” Are Two New Sites Where Teachers Can Create Virtual Classrooms

I’m adding two new sites to The Best Sites That Students Can Use Independently And Let Teachers Check On Progress:

One is ABC Mouse, which — at this point, at least — only provides content for pre-K and Kindergartners, though much of it would also be accessible and useful for Beginning English Language Learners. Though it charges families, teachers can sign-up for their own virtual classrooms. It’s also accessible for free from public libraries.

The second is Vocabmonk, which focuses on building academic vocabulary. Teachers can also create their own virtual classrooms there, too.

1. Larry, I am quite interested in virtual reality sites for adult learners, so I signed up for Vocabmonk. I can’t figure out, however, how teachers can create virtual classrooms on Vocabmonk. Can you provide some direction, please?

Also, if you know of other sites that have the kind of capacity that SL has, but that focus specifically on adult learning, please let me know.

Thanks for all your great tips!

David J. Rosen

• David,

If you scroll down a little bit on the main page, on the left you’ll see “Real-life Mentors:Get virtual Access to view progress result of all your Students.
      Are you a Vocab Mentor?” Click on it and teachers get access to a sign-up form.

I’m not sure if you are specifically looking for English Language Learner sites, or for native English speakers. The Best list to which I refer in this post has a number of sites appropriate for adult ELLs.

Larry