It’s summertime and, in addition to getting some R & R, it’s an opportune time for us educators to also pursue some kind of useful professional development (you might also be interested in The Best Resources On Professional Development For Teachers — Help Me Find More).

I thought it would be helpful to compile a list of suggestions and resources – feel free to offer others in the comments section:

If you don’t have a life like me, and are planning/hoping to write a book, check out So, You Want To Write A Book? Here’s The Best Advice…

Dive into Summer Professional Learning – and More! is from Middleweb.

Sharing Your Best Work With Other Teachers is from Edutopia.

Write an Op-Ed piece: How to write an opinion essay and why you should do it now is from Kappan Online.

If you are going to attend some conferences, here is some specific advice:

Shy? Going to a Conference? – Try These Strategies to Connect is from Richard Byrne.

A Beginner’s Guide to Education Conferences is from Middleweb.

10 hints to make the most of teaching and academic conferences is from Statistics Learning Center.

If you can’t attend the ISTE conference this year, you can explore it “virtually”:

There are also Webinars, and Richard Byrne has you covered with Three Tips for Getting More Out of Webinars.

If you’re a teacher of ELLs, and didn’t participate in our virtual conference last Saturday, all the videos are still available: Video(s): My #VirtuEL17 Session On SEL & ELLs (Plus Supporting Links) & Everyone Else’s Session, Too!

You might also want to peruse, at your convenience, these lists:

The Best Articles (& Blog Posts) Offering Practical Advice & Resources To Teachers In 2017 – So Far

All My NY Times Posts For English Language Learners – Linked With Descriptions

All My BAM Radio Shows – Linked With Descriptions

The Best Resources, Articles & Blog Posts For Teachers Of ELLs In 2017 – So Far

All Mid-Year 2017 “Best” Lists In One Place