I thought that new – and veteran – readers might find it interesting if I began sharing my best posts from over the years. You can see the entire collection here.

17337624739 (1)

I originally shared this post in 2009.   

In 2009, I began teaching explicit lessons related to student motivation and Social Emotional Learning.  Of course, since that time, I’ve written several very practical books on the topic.

I’m not going to reprint here the entire lengthy post, but “How Students Can Grow Their Own Brains” shared the first SEL lesson plan I used in the classroom (which I still use with few modifications).

About the same time, I did my first lessons on self-control and visualizing success.  You can read about those lessons at Want To Know What’s Happened Since My “Marshmallow” & “Visualizing Success” Lessons (which also contain links to the lesson plans themselves).

Since then, I’ve compiled The Best Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Resources, which contains links to zillions of lessons and other related “Best” lists, including The Best Resources For Showing Students That They Make Their Brain Stronger By Learning.