Here are some recent useful posts and articles on educational policy issues (You might also be interested in seeing all my “Best” lists related to education policy here):

Moms for Liberty’s conservative activists are planning their next move: Taking over school boards is from NBC News.

After two decades of studying voucher programs, I’m now firmly opposed to them is from The Hechinger Report. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning Why School Vouchers Are A Bad Idea.

US schools remain highly segregated by race and class, analysis shows is from The Guardian. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About School Desegregation (& Segregation) – Help Me Find More.

Editorial Cartoons on Education is from US News.

The pandemic widened the education gap for students of color is from NPR.

The state of learning loss: 7 takeaways from the latest data is from Chalkbeat.

Pace of learning back to normal during the 2021-22 pandemic school year but student achievement lags far behind, data shows is from The Hechinger Report.

Will California’s $4.1-billion bet on ‘community schools’ transform K-12 education? is from The L.A. Times. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About Community Schools.

Florida Gov. DeSantis takes aim at what he sees as indoctrination in schools is from NPR.

I’m adding this next tweet to The Best Resources For Learning About Balanced Literacy & The “Reading Wars”:

Will billions close California’s educational equity gaps? is from CAL Matters.