Create Customized Exercises & Monitor Student Progress At “LyricsGaps”

LyricsGaps has been on The Best Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced English Language Learner Sites list for awhile.  It’s a great (and free) site that lets students watch/listen to music videos and then fill-in-the-blanks.

Since a fair number of the videos are blocked for students by our District’s Internet content filters (but accessible to teachers), I will show the video on the screen and then students write the word on mini-whiteboards.  They, of course, can also use the site at home.

I recently discovered they added a feature for teachers to create customized exercises. Click “play” for any video and you go to a screen that looks like the image at the top of this post.  You can then click on any words you want left blank (it literally takes seconds).  Next, you’re given a url address you can provide students and your account will list the users that have used your exercise and their scores.

I’m adding this info to:

The Best Online Homework Sites For English Language Learners – Please Offer Your Own Suggestions

The Best Sites Where Students Can Work Independently & Let Teachers Check On Progress