Here are some recent useful posts and articles on educational policy issues (You might also be interested in seeing all my “Best” lists related to education policy here):

A surge in absentee students might require a radical rethink of schools is from The Washington Post. I’m adding it to The Best Resources On Student Absenteeism.

This could be very helpful: The Interstate Teacher Mobility Compact Is Now in Effect. Here’s What That Means is from Ed Week.

Should Schools Reward Attendance? What the Experts Say is from Ed Week. I’m adding it to The Best Resources On Student Absenteeism.

I’m adding this tweet to The Best Posts & Articles Analyzing Charter Schools:

I’m adding this tweet to THE BEST RESOURCES FOR LEARNING ABOUT THE “TEACHER SHORTAGE”:

School’s Out. Should You Worry About the ‘Summer Slide’? is from Scientific American. I’m adding it to The Best Resources On The “Summer Slide”

Personally, I think districts should push back more on data requests like this from researchers – researchers are not the objective participants that some claim they are: Denver education research going forward but not without a fight is from Chalkbeat.

How to fix the damage done to schools by federal school reform laws is from The Washington Post.

Strategies for Addressing Chronic Absenteeism in the Post Pandemic Era is from The Metropolitan Educational Research Consortium’s (MERC) Research group. I’m adding it to The Best Resources On Student Absenteeism.

Who Should Evaluate Teachers? is from Edutopia. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About Effective Student & Teacher Assessments.

Teachers are striking for more than just pay raises is from Vox. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning Why Teachers Unions Are Important.