Here are some recent useful articles on ed tech-related issues:

Why Some Schools Are Selling All Their iPads is from The Atlantic. I’m adding it to The Best Resources On “One-To-One” Laptop/Tablet Programs.

Why a New Jersey school district decided giving laptops to students is a terrible idea is from The Hechinger Report. I’m adding it to the same list.

How can teachers get devices for blended learning? is from Edutopia. I’m adding it to The Best Posts On The “Flipped Classroom” Idea.

Apps That Rise to the Top: Tested and Approved By Teachers is from MindShift. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Beginning iPad Users.

The NAEP has started having students write essays online. Though they are not the Common Core tests our schools will have to be taking, its experience is useful to know as our students begin to take standardized tests online this year. Here are some articles about it:

4th Graders Struggle With Icons, Directions on Computer-Based Tests is from Education Week.

The End of Paper-and-Pencil Exams? is from The Atlantic.

I’m adding them to The Best Resources For Learning About The “Next Generation” Of State Testing.