My mid-year “Best” list posts continue…

I publish a regular series called SEL Weekly Update, and I thought it would useful to readers and to me to review them and highlight the ones I think are the best of the year.

You might also be interested in “Best” Lists Of The Week: Social Emotional Learning Resources. All my “Best” lists related to SEL, including previous editions of this Best list, can be found there.

Here are my choices from the past six months:

NEW SURVEY ON SCHOOL LEARNING, RELATIONSHIPS, & BELONGING CONTAINS LOTS OF USEFUL & CONCERNING INFO

ALL STUDENT HAND-OUTS FROM MY NEW STUDENT MOTIVATION BOOK ARE AVAILABLE FOR FREE DOWNLOAD

NO SURPRISE HERE: POVERTY CAN AFFECT YOUNG PEOPLE’S BRAINS

STUDY FINDS POSITIVE TEACHER-STUDENT RELATIONSHIP ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT IN HIGH SCHOOL

One Simple Instruction That Will Keep You Motivated is from PsyBlog. I’m adding it to Best Posts On “Motivating” Students.

WHAT IS DELIBERATE PRACTICE, AND WHY SHOULD YOU CARE? is from Inner Drive. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About The 10,000 Hour Rule & Deliberate Practice.

Evidence for Social and Emotional Learning in Schools is from The Learning Policy Institute. I’m adding it to The Best Summaries/Reviews Of Research On Social Emotional Learning – Let Me Know What I’ve Missed.

CAN A POSITIVE TEACHER-STUDENT RELATIONSHIP MAKE YOU BETTER AT TEACHING? is from Inner Drive. I’m adding it to The Best Resources On The Importance Of Building Positive Relationships With Students.

I’m adding this tweet to The Best Resources For Learning About “Grit”:

“HOW TO PROMOTE THE INTRINSIC DESIRE TO LEARN” IS ANOTHER EXCERPT FROM MY NEW BOOK

Trans Kids Deserve Private Lives Too is from The NY Times. I’m adding it to THE BEST WAYS TO SUPPORT LGBTQ STUDENTS.

Self-Control: 12 Ways To Boost Self-Discipline is from PsyBlog. I’m adding it to Best Posts About Helping Students Develop Their Capacity For Self-Control.

3 ways teachers can contribute to a restorative justice program’s success is from Teach Learn Grow. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About Restorative Practices – Help Me Find More.

There are a lot of interesting student responses to this NY Times Learning Network prompt, “What Motivates You to Learn?” I’m adding it to Best Posts On “Motivating” Students.

The City That Kicked Cops Out of Schools and Tried Restorative Practices Instead is from In These Times. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About Restorative Practices – Help Me Find More.

HOW METACOGNITION AND SELF-REGULATION CAN BOOST STUDENTS’ LEARNING is from Inner Drive. I’m adding it to Best Posts On Metacognition.

Restorative justice explained is from Teach Learn Grow. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About Restorative Practices – Help Me Find More.

HOW CAN SELF-DETERMINATION THEORY HELP BOOST STUDENT MOTIVATION? is from InnerDrive. I’m adding it to Best Posts On “Motivating” Students.

Grit Is Good. But Quitting Can Be, Too. is from The Harvard Business Review. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About “Grit”

After a traumatic event, how can teachers best help students? is from Chalkbeat. I’m adding it to The Best Resources On Talking With Children About Tragedies.