BiljaST / Pixabay

Six years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention.

You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2019 – PART ONE and THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2019 – PART TWO.

Also, check out A Collection Of My Best Resources On Teaching English Language Learners.

In addition, look for our new book on teaching ELLs, which was published in the Spring of 2018 and learn about our next book.

Here are this week’s choices:

Peaksay Pronunciation Game has users repeat phrases and uses AI to “grade” its accuracy. I’m adding it to THE BEST SITES FOR ONLINE PRONUNCIATION FEEDBACK – DO YOU KNOW OTHERS?

I’ve learnt so much from my mistakes I think I’ll make some more… is from The Hands Up Project. I’m adding it to The Best Posts, Articles & Videos About Learning From Mistakes & Failures.

Questions about pre-teaching vocabulary (PTV) is from Adaptive Learning in ELT. I’m adding it to The Best Websites For Developing Academic English Skills & Vocabulary.

What are Thinking Routines? is from The Barefoot TEFL Teacher. I’m adding it to PROJECT ZERO’S “THINKING ROUTINES TOOL” IS AN EXCELLENT RESOURCE.

Schools must work harder to connect culturally with English learners during the pandemic is from Ed Source.

How can students learn online if they don’t know the language? This city tackled the issue is from The Seattle Times.

Speaking My Lingo: Lingokids Raises $10M to Expand into Project-based Learning is from Ed Surge.

Teaching in the new world is by Sandy Millin, and shares a good lesson idea of students trying reconstruct an email.

Here’s a new Simon’s Cat video.  I’m adding it to The Best Movie Scenes For Halloween.