My mid-year “Best” list posts continue…

I’m adding this post to All 2020 Mid-Year “Best” Lists In One Place!

I publish a regular series called Ed Tech Digest, and I thought it would useful to readers and to me to review them and highlight the ones I think are the best of the year.

You can see previous editions of this list, along with all the “Best” lists related to ed tech, here.

Here are my choices from the past six months:

HOW TO MAKE A SLIDESHOW VIDEO WITH PHOTOS AND MUSIC is a great post from The Edublogger. I’m adding it to The Best Ways For Students To Create Online Videos (Using Someone Else’s Content).

Insert Learning looks likes a potentially useful Chrome Extension to turn any webpage into a fillable worksheet.

Educational Crises and Ed-Tech: A History is by Audrey Watters.

So many of us are using Google Classroom, but our districts use other Learning Management Systems (Infinite Campus for us). Grade Transferer will take care of it for you.

Unsurprising Statistic Of The Day: Many Ed Tech Companies Manipulate Research Findings To Support Their Products

The Educator’s Guide to Copyright, Fair Use, and Creative Commons is from The Edublogger and has just been updated. I’m adding it to The Best Resources To Learn About Copyright Issues.

Online conferences should be different is a really interesting blog post about different video conferencing tools. I’m adding it to The Best Online Tools For Real-Time Collaboration.

This is a good site for learning about Hyperdocs.

THE EDUCATOR’S GUIDE TO USING VIDEO IN TEACHING AND LEARNING is from The Edublogger. I’m adding it to THE FOUR BEST TOOLS FOR TAKING EXISTING VIDEOS & MAKING THEM INTERACTIVE FOR ONLINE LEARNING.

Everything You Need to Know About Building a Great Screencast Video is from Cult of Pedagogy.

The 100 Worst Ed-Tech Debacles of the Decade is by Audrey Watters. I’m adding it to The Best Posts & Articles Highlighting Why We Need To Be Very Careful Around Ed Tech.

8 TIPS FOR SHARING YOUR BLOG POSTS ON TWITTER is from The Edublogger. I’m adding it to The Best Sources Of Advice For Teachers (And Others!) On How To Be Better Bloggers.

WIDENING THE DIGITAL LEARNING GAP: A San Francisco middle school grapples with a tech company “partnership” is from ReThinking Schools. I’m adding it to The Best Posts & Articles Highlighting Why We Need To Be Very Careful Around Ed Tech.  You might also be interested in A Very Beginning List Of The Best Articles On The iPad Debacle In Los Angeles Schools.

Improve student writing with originality reports and rubrics in Classroom is from Google. I really like the Originality Reports, and I particularly like that both students and teachers can see them.  I’m adding it to The Best Online Resources To Teach About Plagiarism.

The Value of Digital Tools in Science Classes is from Edutopia.

HOW TO CREATE ACCESSIBLE CONTENT FOR YOUR CLASS BLOG is from The Edublogger. I’m adding it to The Best Sources Of Advice For Teachers (And Others!) On How To Be Better Bloggers.

Rethinking the role of technology in the classroom summarizes some new research. I’m adding it to The Best Research Available On The Use Of Technology In Schools.

Microsoft Math is a multilingual app that provides step-by-step instructions for math problems. It’s similar to other apps on The Best Apps, Online Tools & Other Resources For Math list. The key difference that I see, however, is that it provides multilingual support. In addition to adding it to the Best list I just mentioned, I’m also adding it to The Best Multilingual & Bilingual Sites For Math, Social Studies, & Science.

The Image Annotator is a new tool from Class Tools that allows you to…annotate images. Class Tools has lots of neat…tools and is on The “All-Time” Best 2.0 Tools For Beginning English Language Learners list.  You can learn more about the Image Annotator at Richard Byrne’s blog.

Here are “Best” lists useful for teachers coping with the school closure crisis:

THE “BEST OF THE BEST” RESOURCES TO SUPPORT TEACHERS DEALING WITH SCHOOL CLOSURES

THE BEST VIDEO TUTORIALS ON TEACHING REMOTELY – PLEASE SUGGEST MORE!

THE FOUR BEST TOOLS FOR TAKING EXISTING VIDEOS & MAKING THEM INTERACTIVE FOR ONLINE LEARNING

THE BEST ADVICE ON TEACHING K-12 ONLINE (IF WE HAVE TO BECAUSE OF THE CORONAVIRUS) – PLEASE MAKE MORE SUGGESTIONS!

GREAT RESOURCES FOR CREATING & GOING ON VIRTUAL FIELD TRIPS

THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING WHAT SCHOOLS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE FALL

THE BEST VIDEOS IN SPANISH TO HELP PARENTS & STUDENTS ACCESS TECH IN REMOTE LEARNING

MAYBE – OR MAYBE NOT – THE BEST TOOLS FOR CREATING YOUR OWN TEACHING VIDEOS

The Best Summaries Of Research About Online Instruction

THE BEST IDEAS FOR ONLINE ACTIVITIES TO USE WHEN TEACHING ELLS REMOTELY – SHARE MORE!

The Best Tools For Making Screencasts

THE BEST ONLINE TOOLS FOR REMOTE TEACHING – SHARE YOUR OWN